發新話題
打印

Mphils and PhD programme

Mphils and PhD programme

I am interested in maths and statistics.
Anyone can give some advice for the fowllowing programme:
1)PhD in statistics and actuairal science
2)PhD in Maths
3)Mphils in maths
4)Mphils statistics

I study BBA-Account for my undergraduate. I studied pure maths , physics and applied maths in my AL exam.
will i have chance to enroll in the above programme ?

i dun have any minor in maths related subject.
Of coz, i have taken some some maths subjects such as business statistics , management science for BBA course.
But i have pass 5 papers of SOA for actuairal science ...
will they be consider this exam?
btw , is that u are studying these programme now ?

Guys!
The most material issue to get into the Mphils / PhD party is to find a good relationship with your future boss from the target Uni.
Once you have a good relationship to your future boss in the Uni. for instance course director of CUHK Mphils Econ., then you can ask him/her to give you an offer. But, basically, you have to have an interesting topic to attract your future boss, and make him/her to recruit you to the course.

I think you may think of integrating the statistics/maths into the business field. As far as I know, there's something like band statistics and business statistics. Therefore you should find a professor in business school whom is doing similar thing and then contact him/her directly.
But you also have to check if the main round application has been over yet.

How is the demand for actuarial analyst/associate ? IS it hard for a candidate passed SOA [P FM MLC C MFE 3VEEs] to land a act job?

thx
any websites showing recent actuary-related posts? It seems not many websites in HK ...who knows their links?

發新話題