發新話題
打印

Mahler Symphony No.7

Mahler Symphony No.7

Mahler Symphony No.7

As I was suggested to write something about this symphony,I try my best to say something....................

The scoring of the orchestra is quite large,as usual.But some are new such as the tenor horn,guitar and mandolin.

Some of the fellows say that this symphony is quite 'complicated' and 'messy'.It is because the tempo of the symphony always change as well as the mood.When some climax is developed,the tempo suddenly change and the climax disappear.All start back at the beginning.

The feature of the first movement is the tenor horn solo,which is often replaced by euphonium nowdays.This tenor horn is not scored in the follow-by movements.It is diificult to illustrate that the whole mood of the movement,which is not outstanding neither by comparing to the second movement.However,I think that this movement is in general in a dark mood especially the beginning.I love the last part of the movement very much which a varierty of percussion are scored.And the movement is ended in a climax.

The second movement has a quite,lively mood which can lead me to a quiet village and explore through the hills.Beautiful violin solo, some sounds from the cowbells and glockenspiel,really take me to a beautiful village in a sunny afternoon.Before the ending there is a small climax where violins play pizzacato,leading me to the end of the village trip.

The third movement is in a fast tempo.The whole movement are played flowingly.The gliss of violins are major elements of the movement.Also,it gives me a feeling of some hestiation.

The fourth movement brings me to another village with th playing of guitar and mandolin.Again,the movement is quiet and in a moderate speed.

The fifth movement is similar to the first movement with many changes of tempo.This movement give me a image of a big garden in Spring which all animals become active after the long long winter and everything are becoming lively.The climax of the last part make me breathtaking.It represents hope,hope for the summer,hope for the better lives.

My favourite version is the Lucerne Festival Orchesra/Abbado which is a DVD recording.

I prefer a faster performing time at around 70 minutes.This symphony is the hard one because if the orchestra can't catch the speed in an accurate way,the symphony will be a ruin and you never feel the mood of Spring.

原來Mahler 7最早的錄音是Jun-22-1950,Scherchen / Wiener Sym只是60多年前.
這CD好似有,若是第一次錄音,都幾有趣味~

我借左份總譜番黎試下睇
未開碟聽

Mahler 7 都係我好喜歡既一首symp,不過又係幾惡啃,所以唔係成日聽
有既錄音唔多,我鍾意 Sinopoli / Philharmonia

咪幾好, 開帖兼加分。

相信唔會為了區區幾分而開帖,緊係有十足把握才去馬

發新話題