發新話題
打印

sharing: last hand in a major tournament

sharing: last hand in a major tournament

so far we've seen some hands from full ring cash game, and most of you won the hand.
In response to the request of a losing hand, I'm sharing my final hand at the EPT Final in Monte Carlo back in April

hand details:

8-handed
blinds at 600/1200 ante 100
average stack at that time is 60k according to memory
Villain #1 opened for 3600 from MP2
I reraised to 8k with QQ at the cutoff (MP3)
Villain #2 on button called, Villain #1 folded
Villain #2 image: tight aggressive

pot=22200

flop came J 8 8, two clubs
I led out with 10k, villain raised to 24k... I had 22k and change behind. I thought for about a minute and pushed, he had me slightly covered.

Question: What did villain #1 fold and what did villain #2 have? Would you have played the hand differently?

p.s. This hand explains why you should never let emotion affect your play, math helps but anything could happen in poker.

how many people at that table? if it's a short hand table their starting hand range will be bigger because they are forced to play more hands.
stack size of the other players? Observing other people's stack size is crucial in tournament.

you have around 22k, so that's around 10 times of the starting pot size, and that means the chips can make you survive for 10 orbits.
i would probably push all in with QQ preflop, because you will be in deep trouble if the flop came A or K.

What villain 1 folded is not important, he was just trying to steal the blinds
Villian 2 should have JJ or some premium pairs higher than yours
or probably AK, AQ AJ suited club (less likely)
In fact if he's a tag, his call is suspicious, given that 2 players had reraised preflop. What would make him call and not showing strength, trying to lure people in the pot? It is quite obvious that he had some monsters. But yea, it is almost impossible for you to lay down your QQ. i would probably push as well.

By the way, did you cash in that tournament? how much buy in was that? my bankroll never big enough to let me buy in such major tourney...hopefully will be able to play sometimes next year though.

It looked more like Villain 1 got squeezed rather than stealing blinds.

what is ur image on the table? Tag too? sound like u are....

if u have tight image u 3bet preflop he is tight and call u 3bet....
AJ? no way...JJ?? disscuss it later  
here is the point... a reason he dont 3bet u preflop with AA KK QQ those hand..coz u bet 8k and 10BB behiend u....u already commit to the pot..u cant go anyways...that why he dont reraise with those hand..
and also this is the reason he dont really have a hand like .AQ AJ....beside u said after he call u...he slightly covered ur chip....if i were him with AK...i will just fold.coz vill#1 may already got one of those A or K so chance it hit flop reduce..mostly fold in here....
actually...depend on what u set his hand actually...if like above...check fold is the way...maybe that is a bad play...><

actually i got a live tour hand share with u guys too....
500CAD buy-in live tour game.
blind 50/100 blind... my image is tigh agg, I (4k)raised 350 ....mid1 call (2.5k) late position call (3.5k)
flop come 2 4 8 rainbow...i bet 1k....everyone fold...
so what do u think they folded? and what is my hand should be....

with sample like that it is quite difficult to determine what you and these guys have. what's their image? are they donkey or good player? This hand is pretty standard, nothing too worthy to be commented with.

you could have hands like premium pair, AK/AQ making a standard c bet, or randomly hit a set, or maybe mixing up plays and raising with trash
these guys pretty much just call and hope to set mine, or can't laydown QJ and stuff so just simply called to see the flop.

發新話題