發新話題
打印

holdem game share with you (part 2)

holdem game share with you (part 2)

10/20 loose table with many players like to limp pre-flop

5 limpers and i am bb ($3300) with Qs9c, i check, pot is $120

flop Qd9h2h

sb check, i bet 140 (i want 1 caller and push them on turn card if no flush or open end-straight draw hit on turn), i dun mind to just take down the pot now as my position not good.

mp (always limp preflop but tight after flop, $4600) raise to 450, dealer (a new-joined foreigner) all-in with his 1500.

what will u do?

If I were you, I would fold my cards. If I don't fold, what happens if the turn card would make a flush or straight? Besides, I would put the guy raraised to 1500 having a set. And if I also put my own position into account, I would fold it.

Wow, this spot is tough.
To me it's either a shove/ fold
If you call, you are taking the risk of being squeezed by the another big stack.

As you've mentioned, the big stack always limp in
so his hand range is wide
chances of him having sets is relatively small
(you can't be tight after the flop...do you mean passive?)
but a passive player suddenly shown strength means he could have something, probably a pair with decent kicker
not likely to have a draw, because passive player will just call instead of rerasing
I believe your hand should be better than the big stack

Now the foreigner.
His shove can represent many thing.
What does his shove represent?
Since he has only 1500(75BB), a shove here can't be wrong when he has a set
or maybe he's on a draw, trying to semi bluff

It's a close decision, I think I may just fold here, since you are not pot committed, just wait for the huge stack to call and see their hands on the showdown and study their image
最愛C朗、朗尼同卡卡!

Good feedback. No matter whether the foreigner having a set or on a draw, I would not take the chance to call with half of my stack at a bad position.

BTW, agree with you that we can't just call in this situation.

MP had ThJh and foreigner limp shove AQ?

toronto & pb, same thought as yours after 10s thinking, i fold!

i tell many lisboa players and they 5 tell me shove, 1 tell me call, 1 tell me fold.

what i put them:
1. mp: either 2 pair or hit a set.
2. i dun put he get a set as he dun raise pre-flop (except he get 22), i put him get a flush draw.

as i am not pot-committed, i fold.
mp instantly called.

2 trash cards for turn & river.
show down:
mp: Q9 (same hand as me)
foreigner: 92

if i call/shove, i can split that 1500 of foreigner, but i like my FOLD (dun want gambling for my whole stack!)!

發新話題