發新話題
打印

How to win and get a job offer

How to win and get a job offer

I have over 20 yrs HR experience and want to share with you my observations at this difficult time.

I have reviewed thousands of resumes and interviewed thousands of applicants at different levels. To be honest, most of the applicants failed to impress me as they cannot sell their strengths/skills and related experience with the job requirement. You must remember that HR has to read many resumes everyday and they will only pick those outstanding applications for interview. Nowadays, most applicants use the standard letter/resume provided by the Uni's placement service/textbook to introduce themselves. You cannot distinguish yourself with other applicants and that's the reason why no matter how many application letters you have sent, you cannot win a chance for interview. Even though you are lucky enough to be interviewed , if you cannot demonstrated your skills/abilities by giving concrete examples, you will still be eliminated.

My sincere advice, be focus for the job you are interested, well prepare for your application letter and CV and practise through mock interview will make a big difference.

Your performance on reasoning test can be improved by practice.  Written test is used to understand your language ability which cannot be improved in a short period of time. HK as a international city, Engligh and Chinese are very important for your communication with colleagues and clients. It is sad to say that the level of both are declined in HK but there are significant improvement for maninland Chinese. If you want to work in reputable organizations, you have to pass on this basic requirement.

May I know what is your position/occupation/ It seems that you are a high flyer with proven success. Are you made redundant when leaving your last job?

Your reason for a short break after three promotions pose abig disadvantage for you job hunt as HR may not trust it as the true reason.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

發新話題